The Project Management Board was established under Decree no. 93/2009 and Circular no. 07/2010/TT-BKH dated March 30, 2010, by the Ministry of Planning and Investment. The Project Management Board is tasked with supporting Project Owner – Viet Nam Administration of Sea and Islands – to lead the development and implementation of the Project in the cooperation of WWF; monitoring and assessing the implementation of the Project; coordinating the interaction among stakeholders; providing guidance if the implementation emerges any problem; preparing project completion report.
The Project Management Board locates its Standing Office at the Head Office of Viet Nam Administration of Sea and Islands, at 83 Nguyen Chi Thanh, Dong Da, Hanoi, Viet Nam.
Specific functions of the Project Management Board include:
- Annual planning of Project implementation
- Management of Project launch
- Implementation of tender procedure and Management of contract
- Management of finance, asset and disbursement
- Administration, coordination and accountability
- Monitoring, assessment and reporting of Project implementation
- Acceptance, handover and settlement of Project
Also, 04 (four) Working Groups were established to execute 04 (four) Project components. Each group shall appoint a key person who acts as the focal point, and the Director of the Viet Nam Administration of Sea and Islands, with the role of the coordinator of groups’ activities, shall select all the members.
- Representatives of Institute of Sea and Islands Research, Viet Nam Administration of Sea and Islands
- Representatives of Viet Nam Environment Administration
- Representatives of Center for Communication of Natural Resources & Environment
- Representatives of Department of Policy and Law, Viet Nam Administration of Sea and Islands
- Representatives of Department of Marine Resources and Environment Protection in the Northern Region, Viet Nam Administration of Sea and Islands